Monday, March 18, 2013

Level Building : Level 2

Here's the second level I've built in Unity 3D

I spent the better part of my break working on Level 2 for the game.  This level takes off the kid gloves.  The player can now easily die if he fails at an obstacle.  Also, I started to combine obstacles, so the player would have to utilize multiple abilities to overcome them.  For example, there's a part where the player will have to double jump to a wall, and then wall jump off of it to reach the platform.  That said, there are some really enjoyable obstacles in this level, and some well hidden secrets as well.  I also toyed with a new ability vanish (or rather my old attack ability turned into a platforming ability).

Now vanish allows the player to ascend in a cloud of smoke bypassing any platforms that might be in the way.  It acts as a third jump as well, but the player has no momentum once it is activated, so the player will have to be precise.  The ability to go through platforms allowed me to build some new puzzles, and I'm excited to see where I can go from there. I'll, of course, be tweaking it, so that it doesn't break obstacles unintentionally.

I recorded a run through on the windows version (yeah that means you'll have to stare at a block doing these obstacles instead of an avatar).  Here's a preview of my second level (music in the video was also composed by me).



No comments:

Post a Comment